Western Field Ornithologists Photo Contest
In conjunction with the annual conference. Open to all WFO members to submit images, with judging by the WFO members.
Guidelines for the contest
Submissions of images:
- Contestants must be WFO members
- Two images per contestant
- No signatures or watermarks.
- Image size 400 to 1200 pixels max on the long side, 2mb max
- Birds in a natural setting
- Include date and location of the image.
- Send images to email@example.com between June 15–30, 2021.
Judging by WFO members. Judging criteria to include:
- Originality, technical excellence, composition, artistic merit.
- Overall impact
- Does the image tell a story?
- Images will be displayed on the WFO website shortly after June 30 at www.westernfieldornithologists.org for viewing by the members/judges.
- Voting period July 15 to July 31, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vote for 1st and 2nd place at email@example.com. One vote per member.
Contest winner and runner-up will be announced at the 2021 conference. Winner will have image published in Western Birds and presented an acrylic reproduction of the image.
Questions should be addressed to Tom Blackman at firstname.lastname@example.org.